For the designers of the websites, wireframe tools are necessary for the design process. They let them create options before coding the ultimate result. Take a glance at the 10 best wireframe tools to create wireframes, prototypes, and mockups to help you.
You won’t go to build a house with no proper blueprint. Similarly, it would help if you did not embark on a design journey without creating a wireframe first.
A wireframe is a visual representation that outlines your landing page, website, or app’s fundamental structure. Usually, a wireframe is quite simple. Essential elements and shapes are used to block out where all content and UI elements will go.
For the designers of the websites, wireframe tools are necessary for the design process. They let them create options before coding the ultimate result. So, as UX or UI designers, what are the most excellent wireframe tools to design your digital masterpiece? Let’s look at the 10 best wireframe tools to create wireframes, prototypes, and mockups to help you.
1. Template Toaster
Template Toaster is a wireframe software that can be downloaded straight into your desktop. It’s an easy and influential tool to turn your website design dreams into reality.
- Pre-designed simple mockups.
- You will get two available paid plans to choose from, Standard and Professional.
- Contains optional pre-built icon sets, free stock images, and templates.
- The ultimate wireframes and mockups work flawlessly on every device of any size.
When it comes to creating prototypes, wireframes, and mockups, Mockplus is one of the best. Mockplus allows you to preview your project and get a response from other users.
- Available Free and paid options.
- Supports every platform, including Android, web apps, and iOS.
- It’s a Low-fidelity prototyping software.
- Contains over 200 components with more than 3000 icons.
- Coding is not required.
- Easy Drag, and drop options.
Are you searching for an entirely web-based platform as a substitute for the software downloaded to your desktop? Moqups might just be for you. The most attractive benefit of a web-based platform is, you can work from everywhere using different devices.
- It creates a wireframe for both web applications and mobile.
- It supports all platforms, including Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, and Web.
- A variety of pre-made templates and drag-and-drop options.
- Make your web frame from scratch with lots of front and styling options available.
4. Balsamiq Mockups
Balsamiq Mockups is famous for designing wireframes quickly as it focuses on developing the wireframe rather than filling in lots of details. Balsamiq Mockups is an online wireframe tool as well.
- It supports platforms like Windows and macOS.
- Simple drag-and-drop features.
- Option to run online user tests and print prototypes.
- Different sketch and wireframe skins.
- Mock files move to Google Drive quickly.
- Offline or online working options.
InVision is an incredible cloud-based option to create high-fidelity prototypes that let users create completely functioning examples of their sites.
- It supports web platforms, iOS, and Android.
- Fast and straightforward construction of prototypes with easy drag and drop function.
- Simple clickable prototypes.
- Option to easily share the link to your prototype to find instant feedback from your customer or other users.
OmniGraffle is one of the most excellent tools for designing page layouts, wireframes, and diagrams, and it works perfectly with Mac.
- You will get a 14-day trial offer, and after that, three available paid versions to choose from.
- Functional with iOS and macOS only.
- Great to make diagrams and other sophisticated features.
- Includes a drag-and-drop option to simplify the process.
- Generate fully efficient UI mockups, flow charts, and wireframes.
Gliffy is also a web-based application that allows you to apply various tools in your website production, such as technical drawings, wireframes, network diagrams, flowcharts, and UML diagrams.
- It offers three different paid versions.
- Gliffy lets the user make helpful Venn diagrams.
- Simple drag and drop interface.
- Defends unintentional change and follow changes.
- The capability to share wireframe on any platform.
Marvel is an online design tool that lets you create prototypes and wireframes. It supports sketch and Photoshop files added to a Marvel library afterward to store or receive feedback.
- Compatible with Android and iOS.
- Four different paid plans available.
- Fully functional on any size screen, even on an Apple watch.
- Provides easy alliance with customers and other users.
You might have heard of Canva for making virtually different kinds of web-based design – prototypes, mockups, and wireframes are no exception.
- Wireframes can be designed within a minute.
- Apps are available for Android and iOS.
- Simple drag-and-drop interface.
- Readymade wireframe layouts library and stock images available.
- Wireframes are shareable via direct link or email.
Proto.io is well-known for developing prototypes that function and gives a real feeling with no necessary coding.
- It is compatible with Windows and Mac.
- Four attractive paid plans available.
- A High fidelity interaction experience.
- Lets you test prototyping on a mobile device where you can also make changes.
- Sketch Dropbox synchronization and import options available.
While there are thousands of wireframe tools available, these are ten of the best. Whether you are searching for software to download onto your desktop or browser-based platform or a cloud, these 10 are the most simple and useful tools available for your needs.